Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happy Mother’s Day

Mother’s Day is such a rewarding day for me because I am showered with extra love by the people I love most.  I feel so blessed to have two little ones to call me mama.   

My Mother’s Day started out on Friday when I picked Riley up from school and she rushed to greet me with the gifts she had made in class during the week.  A beautifully painted flower pot with basil, a Mother’s Day poem with our picture, and some question & answers by Riley.

 

I dropped her off to her dad so I could work the rest of the afternoon.  When I got home, Riley raced down the stairs and screamed “Happy Mother’s Day, mommy!”, presenting me with the most beautiful coffee mug ever!  The pride displayed on her face melted my heart and and we embraced in a huge bear hug.  She spent the rest of the weekend telling me Happy Mother’s Day whenever she had the chance…love her!

I was able to sleep in on Saturday morning, and if you remember how early baby boy likes to wake up, you’ll know why this was so special to me.  Aahh, pure heaven!

We went to my parents’ house on Sunday afternoon to celebrate Mother’s Day with the rest of my family and had a wonderful evening together.

IMG_5584

IMG_5628_edited-1

IMG_5614

 IMG_5611

IMG_5621

 IMG_5656

No comments: