Friday, May 29, 2009

Funny girl


I don't ever want to forget this stage. I love watching her imagination hard at work and listening to her funny little sayings. I am truly amazed at her imagination and how she incorporates what she learns into pretend play. This post is really just a memory keeper for me so I can look back one day and remember this stage.

Her f's, l's and n's all sound like w's these days. Some examples are:
  • "Are Dalton's wips (lips) okay?" (story to come soon)
  • "I want to play at wickowis' (Nicholas) house."
  • "Where are my wip wops (flip flops)?"

Pretend play is a huge form of entertainment in our house right now. Some of her favorite forms of imitation are:

  • Playing the waiter at a restaurant and taking everyone's food and drink order, running off to cook and proceed to serve everyone!
  • Being the teacher or mommy to all the babies in our house. If she's the teacher, she will lay everyone on their nap mats, then wake them up and tell the mommies they all had good days!
  • Music/story time = she loves to have everyone sit on the floor and lead the songs or read books to those around her.


1 comment:

Leigh Anne Rayburn said...

Oh, I do need to give this girl a squeeze soon. I'm going to try for a SA trip, too, but it's harder because you guys aren't free on weekdays like the Marshall gang. I'm going up there to type up all of Grandma's recipes for the family cookbook. So it's a business trip. :)