I've seen this on other blogs and thought it might be a good way to share tidbits of what's happening in our world. I can't guarantee that it will be a weekly thing, but I will definitely give it a try.
To start it off, here's a 10 on Tuesday: Riley edition
1. PINK - she has officially declared that pink is her favorite color. Not only is it Riley's favorite color...she thinks all girls love pink and all boys love blue.
2. Speaking of pink, there is a particular pair of pink Dora underwear that Riley is currently obsessed with. I try to wash this pair in every load I can to ensure that she gets to wear them most days of the week. Almost every morning when we go to pick out her panties (part of her big girl independence), she'll ask "Mommy, did you wash pink Dora's?".
3. Questions - we hear a thousand questions a day from this girl! Especially as she experiences new things, the questions are endless. Josh was helping a couple of neighbors cut down trees the other day and she has been asking about it non-stop.
4. Riley's term for restaurant is "wunch-wunch"!
5. The faces that this girl gives are priceless. I really need to get them on video. She scrunches up the side of her lip and just looks so precious!
6. Daddy's girl - oh boy is she ever a daddy's girl! One recent morning I walked into her room to greet her "Good morning, my baby" and she quickly replied "No, I'm daddy's baby"! Ouch! She mostly will only let her daddy do bedtime and most often wants him to take her to school. I do get some snuggles in, but mostly when it's in the middle of the night or she's not feeling well.
7. She loves taking Bear and Daisy on walks. Actually, she loves when we walk the dogs and she can ride her car, but just loves to look over at the dogs walking next to her! Almost every day she asks if we will be taking the dogs on a walk when we get home.
8. She is currently on a rice kick. When she asks what we're having for dinner, if she doesn't hear rice on "the menu", she'll add "and rice?". Recently at my parents' house, my mom made a yummy broccoli/rice combo. After her second helping, Riley asked "Granny, can you sit the rice by next to me?" and continued to help herself to two more servings! I think she's also in the middle of a growth spurt.
9. Just in case you thought I made a typo above, I thought I'd clarify. Riley always says "by next to me" in the same sentence! We try to correct her, but it's so darn cute when she does it that it's easy to overlook.
10. This post may portray a sunshine and rainbows attitude in our house, but let me just say that the "terrible two's" have certainly hit our house in full effect. These last couple of weeks she has been really testing the limits! I think part of it is her sensing change with me, but oh boy she is hard to deal with sometimes. The drama and attitude have begun.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Baby cousin, you are so smart! I am totally stealing this idea for my blog, and I've already gotten tomorrow's pre-written. xoxo
Post a Comment