Washing hands
Riley & Ms. Krystal
Then it comes time for mommy to leave. Holy waterworks...not only from Riley but from me as well. Once I left the room, I joined the rest of the parents in the hallway who were peaking in through the tiny window to see their crying kids. Finally I couldn't watch her cry anymore so I had to turn around and go get in my car, where I cried the whole way to work! It just broke my heart to leave my baby so upset like that. After she'd been there about an hour, I called the school to check on her and they said she was doing great!
When I went to pick her up, she had just woken up from her nap (twelve kids in one room, all napping at the same time...wow!) and came running over to me saying "Mommy!" with such enthusiasm...my heart melted.
She is now upstairs in her bed, fast asleep and I'm about to head that way. The first day of school really took it out of us!
We'll see how tomorrow goes...wish us luck!

3 comments:
Poor little thing! You should see the pics of Meadow going to Moms day out when she was 2 1/2. She looks so scared and nervous. Breaks your heart!
Awww, I don't know who to feel sorrier for -- you, I guess, she won't remember this! You're such a good mom. :) And a good writer. Wonder where you get that. Heh.
Thanks guys! It's definitely been harder than I had imagined, but worth it in the end b/c she is having sucha good time in school.
And LA, thanks for the writing comment...and you are the only one I can imagine having inherited a slight writing knack from.
Post a Comment